Monday, February 1, 2010

Spicy Healthy Crunchy... Yay!

I have to say, I'm in love with the Vitamin G fitness blog on Glamour.com. I'm using Glamour's Body By Glamour program to get diet ideas and to track my daily calorie consumption. Their fitness blog is a little something extra that's given me a bunch of great ideas.

Most recently, they had a quick post about an afternoon snack that the blogger claims has helped her drop three pounds. When I read what it was, I got all excited and ran out to buy some! As many college students can attest, chips and salsa are a staple at just about any party. Once I started grocery shopping for myself (beyond the campus mini-mart, that stocked burritos, pizza, and chips), I started buying chips and salsa for a nice afternoon snack. Sounds pretty healthy, right?

Except that one serving of chips can pack over 200 calories, and who actually eats one serving? The blogger at Vitamin G has the solution.... Veggies and salsa! Sounds obvious, but I somehow hadn't thought about it. Depending on what kind of salsa you buy, it can give you the satisfying feeling of having eaten something exotic and complex. I bought some yummy salsa and jicama to dip. Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment