Thursday, April 8, 2010

Excellent arm workout

Overall, I feel pretty comfortable in my own skin. I eat well, and I'm somewhat active (although I'm working on changing the "somewhat" to "moderately!"). However, I'm doomed by my family curse. Yep, we actually have one of those.

When I was at a family reunion over the summer with my dad's side of the family, I was looking at a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine with one of my aunts. We were flipping through the dresses (most of which are strapless. Thanks, wedding industry!), she commented,

"You know, I'm so happy I didn't get married. I never would've been able to wear these dresses. You know, all the Anderson family women are cursed with carrying their weight in their upper arms."

Our eyes met, and she quickly backpedaled and told me how lovely my own arms were. I laughed, since I know it's true. We really do carry our weight there. Everyone has a trouble spot!

To try to trim down before I wear my sleeveless wedding dress this September (not to mention swimsuit season this summer!), I'm trying to do a combo of cardio and weight training. Although I wish it weren't the case, it's not really possible to spot-reduce fat in one area. Cardio should reduce my body fat overall, and weight training should define those muscles. From what I've heard, it's pretty easy to tone arms, even if it's tougher to reduce arm fat.

Vitamin G at Body by Glamour just posted a great 10-minute workout. I'm still going to keep up my long jogs three days a week, but this is great for Monday nights when I get home at 8 after a long day of clients and just want to collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment